Roaming Italy: Florence (Day 6 & 7)

Day 6 and 7 of my Italy trip was spent wondering in Florence's markets and roaming the streets to see what they have to offer locally. Loved the exploration, widened my horizon indefinitely.(:
Splendid morning as we arrived at Mercato Centrale Market and I grabbed a beef tripe bun, from a lady at a cart right outside the market, to eat even when I just had breakfast. I couldn't resist and it was highly recommended. The beef tripe cooked to tenderness and the bun acting as a sponge to soak up the juice was simply delicious.
 After touring the market and while en route to another wet market, I indulged in a chocolate affogato with a scoop of hazelnut ice cream from Vestri, a chocolate shop. Very rich and sinfully indeed heh.
 Went on to visit the leaning tower of Pisa personally the following day. Feels great to witness it personally.
Next up, the shopping paradise for guys and girls alike - branded goods! It's a little awhile away from florence, we went via train and cab. About 40mins of travelling time.

2 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...