Bedok Chwee Kueh


Nigel Ate : 4/5
A local favourite amongst many, Chwee Kueh, would evoke thoughts of the oily, sweet and salty chye poh almost immediately. 

Having feature so many foods on my blog, it must be a little surprising I haven't feature this particular one. I must admit it's because it's not available everywhere and also times when I don't feeling a calling towards it so I let it pass until a craving hit me last week and I satisfied it last weekend. 

Being at Bedok Interchange Food Centre, how can one miss out on the opportunity to try the famous Bedok Chwee Kueh? I wanted to order it after queuing up for the popiah but my dad beat me to it, and came back with a packet of it. All nicely topped with the oh-so delicious chye poh alongside with a  generous scoop of chilli. 

Made of rice flour and steamed in small cupcake-like moulds, Mr Chwee Kueh is often defined by its faithful companion, Mrs Chye Poh. Mr Chwee Kueh is thus often neglected and only treated as a medium to balance out the sweet and saltiness of Mrs Chye Poh. Having said that, there's not much complains to be heard here - the chye poh was nicely balanced and complemented well with the chwee kueh. 

Where are some of your favourite or being regarded by you as the best chwee kueh stores?
Bedok Chwee Kueh
207 New Upper Changi Road,
#01-53 Bedok Interchange Food Centre (aka New Upper Changi Road Food Centre)
Singapore 460207
 
Operating Hours: Daily from 6.30 am to 10.30 pm

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...